Assisted Housing Manager (AHM) Course
Register Now »
Quadel’s two-day Assisted Housing Manager (AHM) occupancy training helps your property comply with all HUD program requirements while providing a variety of techniques to ensure that tenant files satisfy RHIIP requirements. Increased monitoring of regulatory compliance by HUD makes this course essential training for front-line staff, managers, and owners of HUD-subsidized multifamily housing.
AHM provides staff with the skills required to earn a superior annual Management and Occupancy Review (MOR). All programs in the HUD Handbook 4350.3 REV-1/CHG-4 are covered, including: Section 8 multifamily housing, Section 236, Section 221(d) (3), Section 202, Section 811, Rent Supplement, RAP and the new Section 811 Project Rental Assistance Projects.
Participants receive a copy of Quadel’s nationally recognized AHM course book. All of Quadel’s course books are designed to provide “plain English” reference manuals to assist program staff perform their daily functions more efficiently after attending the AHM training course. EIV requirements are included throughout the course book.
SUMMER/FALL 2014 (July - November) Brochure & Registration Form
2014 AHM Brochure - Summer/Fall
WINTER/SPRING 2014 (January - June) Brochure & Registration Form
2014 AHM Brochure - Winter/Spring
Quadel offers an optional AHM examination on the afternoon of the third day after a morning review session. The four-hour examination is open book and includes multiple choice and true/false questions, mini-exercises, and case studies. Participants who successfully pass the examination receive the AHM designation recognized by professionals in the assisted housing management industry nationwide. AHM Certification provides access to a broad support network and recognition in the Quadel Certification Register.
Who Should Attend:
New front-line housing management staff seeking comprehensive training and experienced or supervisory staff for recent updates and refresher training.
Three-day Assisted Housing Manager (AHM) Training with Examination
- Introduction and Legislative Update
- Civil Rights and Nondiscrimination Requirements
- Eligibility for Assistance and Occupancy
- Waiting List and Tenant Selection
- Determining Income and Calculating Rent
- Determining Income and Calculating Rent (cont’d)
- Lease Requirements and Leasing Activities
- Recertification, Unit Transfers, and Gross Rent Changes
- Test Preparation and Review Questions & Answers
- Certification Examination
*Based on a daily schedule of 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with a lunch break from Noon – 1 p.m. Participants are responsible for their own lunch.
- Registration fees are refundable less a $75 per person administrative charge if notification is received no later than 5:00 p.m. 30 days prior to the start of the workshop. Refunds will not be granted to any registrant who cancels after that time. All refunds must be requested in writing.
- No refunds or registration transfers to a future session will be permitted within 30 days prior to the start of the workshop. However, you may send a substitute attendee to the same course/session for which you registered but can no longer attend. Please inform us in writing of any substitutions three business days prior to the start of the workshop. No substitutions will be accepted less than three business days prior to the start of the workshop.
Advance registration and full payment are required in order to be admitted to the workshop. We may not be able to hold your spot in the class if full payment is not received 14 days prior to the start of the workshop.
A $100 late fee will be assessed if full payment is not received 7 days prior to the start of the workshop.